Friday, May 9, 2014

GAFE introduction

I am starting my blog because my PLN on twitter insists that blogging is a necessity in this new digital age we live in. My school has just transitioned to GAFE. We used the google drive all year but we didn't truly embrace it due to lack of technology. The kids learned how to use the Google drive and share but that was the extent of our GAFE. There has been a lot of trial and error with this new system just as there would be using any new technology. One example is when I gave a test using Google docs and sent it out to the mass of the class with editing privileges. Needless to say I had 25 kids all typing on the same test at the same time!! After that I became smarter and gave the test on Google Forms. The only problem with that was about a third of the class didn't finish the test and there is no way to save. Like all technology, if I have a problem thousands of others have had the same problem and I learned about doctopus and the various other apps and extensions that can help teachers. I will blogging about how GAFE will change my school for better or worse. Hit me up with any advice you think will assist me as my school changes from paper and pen to Chromebooks and laptops. Justin Schleider

No comments:

Post a Comment